Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Time to be grateful



December! Finally it's here. For me there is almost no month that can compete with this one. Because it means so much to me. This is the time when I celebrate everything achieved in the past year, when I reflect on how I felt and what I learned this year. It's also the time when I think how to make more happy people I love, how can express more my love and gratitude. And now we've already come to the key word: gratitude. In this post I wanted to talk more about being grateful, since it is the perfect time to be more aware of it.

Why do I want to talk about it? Because the feeling of gratitude changes your state in matter of seconds. You can't be stressed and grateful at the same time. It's the perfect antidote against anger, self doubt and sadness. Just try it, you can thank me later. I also stumbled upon a study where an academic team found a trumendosu impact of gratitude among young people :  

Those who were more likely to feel grateful to others also scored higher on academic interest, grades, and extracurricular involvement; those who appreciated the positives in general scored lower on risky behaviors like drug use and sexual attitudes and activity.

I hope I've convinced you now.






Truely successful and fulfilled people are grateful. Have a look on any video of Oprah, Tony Robbins or Novak Djokovic and you will realize that they all talk about one thing and that is how to be more aware of all the gifts that life gives you every single day. And really, how to?

Well, I will be more than happy to share with you some of my daily habits that I personally introduced to my life quite some time ago. I didn't invent them, I just learned from the best.

1. Journaling

Remember that time as kids (especially us girls) when we used to write our diaries. Well it is time to reintroduce it. I was never a type of person who can journal with a comitment, until I luckily found my five minute journal . Man, this changed my life! Well actually to be more precize, I changed it by deciding to be comitted and focused on writing my journal every single day. If you want to find the easiest way to be happier and fulfilled than start writing. It literally takes only 5min. Because of it's amazing structure and questions inside, it simply keeps your focus on writing only the good things that happend troughout your day. That's the moment when your consciousness shifts to a higher level, because now you train your brain to find intentionally more of amazing things that are happening to you. From that point you will never take for granted every sunset you see, smile of your partner or food that you eat. Because your focus has changed. And energy flows where your focus goes. So doesn't that kind of life sound amazing to you? For me definitely does, therefore I decided to live this way and never regret it!

2. Visualisation

Another method that I adore to practise in orther to achieve my goals is visualisation. Many of you probably heard about it. But I don't use it only for that purpose. I also use it to step into the feeling of gratitude. When you practise visualisation it is not enough that you just imagine the things/situations you are grateful for or you want to achieve. It is more important to FEEL it. You need to connect your emotions to that, otherwise it doesen't work. Because ultimately, all the things you want in your life are actually desired by you because you think they will make you more happy and fulfilled. Well why not just immediately feel like hat, and all the amazing things will just follow and appear into your life in such an effortless way.
So just try to to take 3-5min in the morning just for yourself, close your eyes and think about 3 things that genuinely make you grateful for. It can be litreally anything, from the smell of your coffee and shower you had, until your family and health. Just try to start your day like that. Set the tone with gratitude, I promise you after a while you will see the difference. Nothing big will change, just your way of percepting daily situations will completely change in a good way. And that's the best news you can get here.

3. Express gratitude

The last tip from me would be to start expressing more often gratitude to the people you care about. Start already today. Make a call, or write a message and just truely thank that person for being part of your life. Not only that this person will feel great after, but mostly you will feel sooo good about yourself and that is the emotion we want to achieve way more often. This small act can impact so much all of our relationships and push them to a next level. And as an idea, instead of expensive Christmas gift you can leave a beautiful letter under the Christmas tree and express your emotions for your beloved ones.

There you go guys. First of all I want to thank all of you and tell you how grateful I am for all the amazing feedback I get from you. Especially after the last post where some of you wrote me and said that it found very helpful. My heart got soo full after that, because I know how much knowledge about positive mindset deeply improved my life and I also wish that for all of you. And therefore I will keep posting these free accessible information as much as I can, because I am so damn passionate about it. And love helping people. :) 

Enjoy following Christmas festivities!

With gratitude and love xx

Natalija



What I wore

Skirt   ZARA

Boots  ZARA

Shirt   RIKA Studios

West    H&M (sold out)





Photo credits
Mathias Schacht

No comments:

Post a Comment