Thursday, September 21, 2017

Taste of Lisbon



Have you ever experienced amazing late summer with warm weather and fresh breeze at the same time, incredibly delicious and fresh food, stunning history and architecture, and more than friendly people, all that in one place?! I certainly haven't until I visited Lisbon. Wow, what a city! I had so much troubles this time to sort out photos, so I've just decided to show you as much as I can. I really want to share with you guys this amazing experience and hopefully inspire you to put Lisabon on your bucket list.

Where should I start? Well first of all, my very first impression was how beautiful architecture of the historical part of the city is. We were lucky to stay in that part of the city called Alfama, so we couldn't miss to simply admire to  endless narrow streets with all ups and downs, colorful tales, old trams and numerous restaurants with melahonlic sounds of fado. I think I don't have to mention the importances of history here. You can read it all over buy simply observing stunning buildings and squires, beautiful harbour and the Antlantic ocean.









The second and very important thing (at least for me) to mention is AMAZING food. This was first time in my life that I was literally eating everyday fish and all types of seafood. What a bless! I think you can't make mistake with food where ever you decide to go here. It is almost always very freshly prepared, with simple and tasteful ingridients. Loved it. Moreover, the prices are sooo afordable, you can literally spoil yourself with having breakfast and lunch outside all the time. One of my favourite brunch/breakfast places was Nicolau. They serve amazing healthy types of food like acai bowls, avocado toast, smoothies etc. Of course we wanted to try also more traditional stuff, therefore we went directly to Pasteis de Belem where you can try Portugese coffee, codfish pastery and of course deliciious pasteis de nata.  When it comes to lunch or dinner, if you want to experience the variety of Portugese cuisine, I would definetely recommend you Time Out market because it offers you almost everything.Probably because of that we went back 2 times :).









And lastly, if you are someone who likes to explore more than I will warmly recommend to visit super cute Sintra. This is a small city very close to Lisbon where you can discover magical castle Pena Palace. The way to get to this beautiful place which was build up in 19h century is pretty adventurous, and considers climbing all the way up the hill. It took us around 1h to get there but it was sooo worth it! Everything inside and outside is inspired by romanticism, also including stunning parks where I had to stop by and make the picture of course :) 








So to wrap up guys, this time I've tried to make a small Lissabon guide for you, combined with photos we made. I really hope you will enjoy it as much as I was while making it and recalling all the beautiful memories from this amazing trip.
How was your summer? I would really like to hear about places you guys visited and maybe could recommend  :)
Love xx
Natalija

Photos and edit by Mathias Schacht





No comments:

Post a Comment